Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hosea 1 - 4

Favorite Verses

Hosea 1:2; 
the Lord said to him, "Go, take to yourself an adulturous wife and children of unfaithfulness, because the land is guilty of the vilest adultery in departing from the Lord".

Hosea 2:16;
"In that day," declares the Lord,
    "you will call me 'my husband';
     you will no longer call me 'my master"

Hosea 2:19;
I will betroth you to me forever....
...in love and compassion

Hosea 4:4-5;
"But let no man bring a charge,
   let no man accuse another,
for your people are like those
  who bring charges against a priest.
You stumble day and night,
  and the prophets stumble with you.

I felt like this was a scene from 'Pretty Woman'.  I mean, really, how hard would it be to marry a woman who was known as an adulterer?  Would she do it again, most likely, but God spoke!  So Hosea takes this woman, knowing full well that she was a high risk.  But God wanted to show how he was going to love his people, and wanted Hosea to live it.  How hard!  But God also commanded Hosea to reconcile with his wife after she lay with another man.  

Sometimes we see couples divorce because of adultery, infrequently, you see some Christian couples stay together.  I personally wasn't mature to understand this........but now I get it......Sure SIN has ramifications, and a marriage would be shattered...but could it be reconciled...of course...but not on the two partners strength...but that of the Lord.  With God, as we see in these verses....We are all SINFUL, and we need to lessen the JUDGING and look for the Truth and Grace (Love and Compassion).  Understanding full well, a spouse cheating is not an easy thing to get through, but PRAISE GOD, MARRIAGES can be RESTORED.

Personally, I have always told myself I couldn't forgive my wife if she cheated on me.  With God in the marriage it is possible for people to forgive each other through all SINS....it's not easy....but it is possible.

Interesting and Taboo'd topic, but I am glad that God puts everything in his book!

No comments: