Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cant Forget Lamentations!!!

I was a little behind this last week.  It was a long week with a drained body.  A cold hit me hard and lasted Thursday through Sunday night.  Even as I type now, I am coughing...but encouraged that if I get to bed by 11pm tonight,  I will have a near 7.5 hrs of sleep! Hallelujah!

First, I am very excited to say, my wife and I have been married 4 years! What a blessing! 

Lamentations is interesting.  I don't know the whole picture, but we are roughly reading passages written in 586 BC.   My favorite verses:

Lamentation 3:25 " The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him"
Lamentation 3:27 " It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young"
Lamentation 3:39 " Why should any living man complain when punished for his sins"

I read a comment on a CNN post the other day about Christians and something to do with the California Prop 8 passage, and how Christians/Mormons (the Mormon church funded $20Million in ads,etc) should be ashamed of themselves.  A blogger wrote "How can you be for this, it prevents gay couples from being married"...another blogger wrote "one word...BIBLE",  well that previous blogger wrote back "  $%#^ (it was actually a bad word) the bible...it is worthless trash....etc etc etc".....

I was shocked....sad...and I saw more comments from many more bloggers also proclaiming their hate for Christians and the Bible.

My friends, it is going to become more difficult to live as a Christian in this country.  We are going to be targetted and we will be tested.  We must have faith and hope that our God has a marvelous plan.  We must seek him.  One of these verses also reminded me how important it is as a father to be the spiritual leader in the home and instill the proper love for Christ in my children.  Am I doing that?  

PRAISE: Thank you Lord for such a beautiful loving and God seeking WIFE! I am so happy to be married to Suzi.....She is the cheese to my macaroni...(I took that line from the movie Juno).

PRAYER: I pray that parenting time with Ethan increase.  Erika (Ethans mom) has been adamant that Ethan not spend more time with us.  It has been 3 years since we last increased time, and we have asked her many times to go to mediation, counseling, etc.  She basically told me that I need to talk to my lawyer if I wanted any more time.  I pray that the Lord will help soften Erika's heart and see the yearning of Ethan to spend more time with his brother and with his Dad (me).  I also pray that God can help me be patient and still shine the light during conflict and disagreement.

No comments: