Monday, November 10, 2008

Standing In Awe - What Can We Say!!

I was so overwhelmed by the magnitude and detail in Ezekiel 1.  How can one imagine the magnificent creatures described in the vision Ezekiel saw.  God and his Angels.  Jesus at the Throne.  A Rainbow significantly representing Gods covenant.  I wanted to paint this, what would it look like to you? Awesome.  

God will speak to us, when we stand ready to do what he commands us.  He will work in us through the Holy Spirit.  I don't ask God to fill me with the Holy Spirit enough.  I want to please God, but is my will hardened at times...do I really want the Holy Spirit to transform the way I work with coworkers, with my wife, with my children.....I mean...does that mean I dont have free will when I invite the Holy Spirit in?  What would a day look like constantly allowing God to work through us...to change us...to alter the world, our relationships, to set aside selfishness and wants/desires of worldly things.  

Dont get me wrong, God wants us to enjoy life, and the beauty around us.  Its just he wants to be with us, within us, part of us.......Let me ask you this, will you commit to including him in your life?  

Ezekiel 3:1 " And he said to me, Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the house of Israel. So I opened my mouth, and he gave me the scroll to eat"
...."So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey".

Prayer: Lord, I am amazed by the visions that Ezekiel witnessed.  Lord, I cant imagine the intangible.  I am so thankful that I beleive in you and have faith.  I praise you.  I lift you up.  I want the Holy Spirit alongside my meetings at work.  I am a sinner, and I repent Lord of my bitterness towards some people in my life.  Please help me grow and mature.  Again, I give thanks to your plan in my life, and know that you are indeed Holy and good, growing my spirituality and disciplining me when necessary.  You are my Father.   I yearn for your scrolls (passages in the Bible) to taste as sweet as honey and I become more fervent than ever for your word.


No comments: