Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jeremiah 30

Wow.  There is so much I can talk about in Jeremiah 30.  The words of the Lord are very strong and are caring.  He goes from talking about how he will save those who are his servants to talking about bringing down the hammer on those who sin without caring.  The talk about saving people from bonds is very fitting considering what has gone on this week.  Although I understand that the death of my grandfather was something that was sort of going to happen, it still feels like there is this cloud hanging over me.  With this being the first death in the family that I can remember, it's also very sobering.  Nothing like death to put things in perspective.  The second half of this section seems to be a wake up call.  Not to say that I am sinning in a flagrant manner, but there are some aspects of my life that I think I have let too much of the world in and not enough God.  My time is one area to work on. Giving it freely to God.  I think I have it down in the area of service, but I think times of meditation and quiet would really help me grow deeper in my relationship with God.

Ben

2 comments:

RoasterJ said...

Ben, great to see you on the board!
I agree, often so many times I find myself too much in the world and I place God on "mute". I mean, really...thats terrible.

cbaum said...

Ben- so sorry to hear about your grandfather. We are praying for you!! I hope that your trip goes well this Wednesday, and that your famliy grows closer together and closer to the Lord. craig