Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Surrender

As I began this post, I realized that a good start would be with some worship music. So, while I was preparing to read Jeremiah 3,4 for tomorrow, I opened with "I Surrender". Todays sermon at Sunset was really uplifting. It was helpful for me to turn over my issues and sins to God. By nailing the little piece of black paper (Pastor Ron said I needed two pieces, funny...how did he know?) on the cross... I felt the burdens lifted. Some of my favorite passages from tomorrow's/todays reading plan:

Jer 3:12 "Return, faithless Israel...I will frown on you no longer..."
Jer 3:13 "Only acknowledge your guilt - you have rebelled against the Lord your God"
Jer 3:22 "Return,faithless people; I will cure you of backsliding"
Jer 4:4 "Circumsize yourselves to the Lord, circumsize your hearts"

This Christian ride is a roller coaster. For me, I have had ups and downs...times where I rely on God, and times where...nah, Jason can take over now..."God, hang out in the copilot seat and watch how its done". Really...I ignore God at times. How I repent of this Lord! It is hard to keep yourself on track day after day, year after year. But God loves us and he yearns for our hearts. We must remind ourselves throughout many different ways, that God accepts us, broken and all. He will cure us! He desires our hearts to be split from the worldly things that distract us from our relationship with him.

My prayer: "Lord, please forgive me of putting you behind the many things that I make priority. I ask for your mercy and accept a heart that does desire you and truly yearns for a stronger relationship with you. Help me return to you O'Lord, faithfully....consistently....passionately. Amen."

No comments: