Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This Is Your Life

I listened to Switchfoot's "This is your life" today...

Are you who you want to be?  Am I living an upright life...in all areas of my life?  Am I oblivious to the sins I carry.  Do I repent of these sins, do I invite God into my heart, or is it hardened?  Do I refuse to repent, have I been struck with by God..have I felt pain.  Disturbing as it may sound and as much as we dont want to admit, God does inflict situations for correction.

Jeremiah 5:3: "Lord, do not your eyes look for truth? 
You struck them, but they felt no pain;
you crushed them, but they refused correction"

Jeremiah 5:15 " O house of Israel, I am bringing a distant nation against you -- " 

I can think of many times throughout my life, I have wondered in retrospect, was that "event" because of random acts and others decisions OR did God just step in and throw the zinger? Does God do that.  This soul believes he does.  I have needed correction in my life.  I am NOT UPRIGHT, PERFECT, OR THE PUREST.  I praise God for his corrections in my life, and because I mature (God not giving too much, just enough that I can handle - yes - he knows this...) I can know that he loves me and I am learning something.  I am not saying God goes around hurting everyone as like a game, but he is our father....and like a good father, discipline is necessary at times.  Israel experienced this.

Today - Looking at today, is the USA a western Israel...are we being corrected?  Hasnt America, being blessed beyond any other nation in the world, living a life of pride, swearing falsely, idolizing our own idols, lustful, greedy, selfish....I feel that this nation is falling to a similar level to a people that Jeremiah witnessed.  Isnt that scary? The question is in this life of ours, are we trying to live like Jeremiah despite what is around us...with good hearts?

My Prayer: Lord, please correct me with your mercy and grace when I am fallen.  May I repent of my sins and not let the burdens of this worldly life overcome me and harden my heart.  AMEN.

Please Pray For: - My relationship with my ex-wife to be better and that our communication and alignment be improved.  I pray for a Godly man in her life.  I also pray for Gods touch of her heart to realize that Ethan is yearning for more time with his father (me) and Jacob.  I also pray for Ethans continued calmness and peace with the situation and that I can answer his questions with wisdom and in a loving manner (not hurting his mother or saying bad things against her).   

Praise God!

2 comments:

cbaum said...

bb- thanks for being transparent. i see God at work thru you!

AAA said...

great song...like it a lot.

that's funny about the US like Israel comment. I've heard this so many times (from pastors, in bible studies, etc.) in reference to Jeremiah's time and other parts of the bible. Kristy was just talking about it this past week. Is it true...is this our wakeup call. Even if it isn't, what's the harm in treating it as one.